A two-day conference “The Future belongs to us: LGBT rights on the Road to the European Union“, will take place on Friday and Saturday (September 12 and 13) in Hotel Metropol, Bulevar Kralja Aleksandra 69, Belgrade.
The Conference will start at 09.00 with opening speeches and lectures about the position of LGBT persons in the past, present and future. The speeches will be delivered by:
- Dragana Todorović, LABRIS, Serbia
- Axel Hochrein, Hirschfeld –Eddy- Foundation, Germany
- Timm Köhler, Foundation “Remembrance, Responsibility and Future”, Germany
- Meho Omerović, Member of Parliament,President of the Human Rights and Gender Equality Committee, Parliament of the Republic of Serbia
- Terry Reintke, Member of the European Parliament
- Christoph Strässer, Federal Government Commissioner for Human Rights Policy and Humanitarian Aid, Germany
- Zorica Mršević, Institute of Social Sciences, Serbia
In addition, during the first conference day a number of sessions and panels will take place, covering a wide range of themes, including economic costs of homophobia and transphobia, (inter)regional cooperation, sports and family rights, followed by a reception at the Belgrade City Hall and a screening of the Turkish film “My Child”.
Second conference day will be dedicated to discussing the position of lesbian, bisexual and trans women, political participation of LGBT persons, policy proposals, as well as making allies with media, state, family and friends. Second conference day will also be marked by opening of the exhibition called “Berlin – Yogyakarta: From Hitler’s terror against homosexuals to human rights today”
For a detailed conference overview, please visit page of our program and conference speakers.
We look forward to welcoming you at our conference!